Woodpecker creates traditional Manaita, or Japanese chopping boards, out of a single piece of Gingko tree lumber. Manaita makers hand pick and bid on Gingko lumber to source the best material for their chopping boards. The soft wood is gentle to knives and reminiscent of nature with every use.
Owner Kenji Fukui has been surrounded by woodworkers his entire life, and made his first Manaita as a gift to his wife after the birth of their first child. Fukui reminds us that the use of carefully crafted tool can bring a sense of warmth, safety, and security to into our kitchens.
Small Ginkgo Chopping Board with Handle
- Rectangular Ginkgo MANAITA with long handle
- Measures 12.5" W X 4.7" L X 1" H
- Japanese chopping board made from a single piece of Gingko tree
- Perfect for cutting vegetables
- Great size for small spaces
- Can be used as cheese board
- Lightweight and extremely Soft
- Wet before use
- Use of serrated knives on wood is not recommended
- Hand wash with warm water
- Made in Japan
Designer: woodpecker | Learn more about the designer and shop the collection.